Michael Makarov's Stand-up Comedy Blog
A revelation I had about things I enjoy most. How do the things you enjoy most compare?
There are a lot of opinions about what will happen with New York City and its stand-up comedy scene. This post sheds light on the matter.
I know you miss doing stand-up, so I developed a game where you can catch laughs, use beer to boost self-confidence, and try not to bomb.
I organize stand-up comedy shows on Zoom and I recorded a video for you to see how they feel.
Lessons learned from performing stand-up in the US, Europe, Asia, and tips on improving your act.
I share my insights on what it feels like doing stand-up comedy in a second language.
An article that'll describe how to arrange a comedy show online employing Zoom.
An article that'll explain how standup comedy works and how you can try doing it.
About the author
Michael Makarov is an NYC-based comic and a software engineer. He started his standup journey in 2014 in San Francisco, he sold out his first show in 30 minutes when the link made the top of Hacker News. Russian immigrant, he also speaks fluent Japanese and enough chinese to order food at restaurants. He runs Comedy vs. Nerds and Comedy Conspiracy, a standup comedy show about the internet. Other articles: 7x7 article
- Five Things I Enjoy the Most in Life
- New York City: Dead Forever (Until It’s Back)
- This Game Will Feel Like Being in a Comedy Club
- Live Stand-Up Comedy Works On Zoom And I Have A Video To Prove It 🚀
- What I've Learned Performing Stand-Up in 10 Countries
- Stand-Up Comedy In a Second Language
- How to put on a comedy show online using Zoom
- An SF guide to starting out in standup comedy